Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Halloween Cheesy Crackers

I've been baking a lot of sweets lately.  It's time to do something savory.  I love goldfish crackers, wouldn't it be nice to be able to bake some homemade cheese crackers?  I found this recipe online.  It looks simple to do and I get to make my own cookie cutters!  Of course I'm doing it with a Halloween twist!  After all, it's October, a whole month with Halloween fun!

Halloween Cheesy Crackers
(I made 272 crackers ~ 6 calories each)

Ingredients:
8 ounces, weight Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
4 tbsp unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
3 tbsp cold water

Directions:
See how to custom make your own cookie cutter here

1. Pulse everything (except water) together in the food processor until the dough resembles coarse sand.












2. Pulse in water, 1 tablespoon at a time.













3. Remove dough from the processor, wrap in plastic, and chill for 20 minutes.











4. Roll out the dough and cut into desired shapes. You can use a toothpick to make the eyes and smile if desired. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.















5. Bake at 350 degrees F for about 15 minutes, or until crispy.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment